[arch-general] Netbook recommendations

Mike Sampson mike at sambodata.com
Tue Sep 29 02:06:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> So in the next few weeks, I would like to buy a netbook. The market is
> saturated, so I'd like to ask for some advice here.
>
> What do you guys think of the current offerings? What's considered
> "the best" now-a-days? What kinds of netbooks do Arch users have?

I have a Dell Mini 9 and it works well running Arch Linux exclusively.
Most things worked out of the box. Had to use the wicki article to get
wireless working. Haven't tried bluetooth yet. The Mini 9 is a bit
limited, storage wise with only 16GB but it does me and I like the
fact there are no fans or disks spinning inside it. Nice and quiet
plus pretty good battery life.

The HP 2140s look good. A couple of the guys at work have them. They
almost look like they could replace a standard laptop if you didn't
mind the smallish screen. Think they have 160GB hard drives in them.