[arch-general] Xz, space savings and delta ... my findings

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Apr 1 15:03:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 13:54:56 +0100
Nathan Wayde <kumyco at konnichi.com> wrote:

> Comparing with the delta (between the original packages) which 5.3MB
> it's not a whole lot while allowing more flexibility(IMHO).

I don't see the point.  with binary delta's you get smaller packages
and getting the non-changed files "again" doesn't really cause harm,
does it?
In other words: what useful things does this approach allow you to do
that we cannot do right now?

interesting little experiment though. it's always cool to compare
numbers ;)

Dieter