[arch-general] Failed installation - part 2

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Apr 6 12:28:35 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I retried the installation that failed last week, with
the same result. But this time I found this:

3 packages were reported to be 'corrupted':

 gettext-0.17-3-i686.pkg.tar.gz
 perl-5.10.1-5-i686.pkg.tar.gz
 man-pages-3.24-1-1-any.pkg.tar.gz

I could well have missed this last time as to see
the error you have to scroll down the page instead
of just hitting RETURN to continue.

I tried again twice using different mirrors, same
result. All this with the 2009.8 install images,
and run with LC_COLLATE=C.

Then I tried the new one. This time all packages
downloaded without errors, but the install failed
at the 'Install GRUB' stage with on tty7 the
messages that neither of

 /boot/grub/stage1
 /grub/stage1

did exist.

So now I'm really lost...

The only real difference between this install and
all the previous ones is that this time I have to
go via an http proxy.

Any help will be appreciated !

--
FA