[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] WARNING: [testing] broken due to openssl and heimdal rebuilds

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 7 10:10:56 EDT 2010

On 07/04/10 23:47, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 07.04.2010 06:42, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> I just tested what happens if I change pacman depends to
>> "'libarchive>=2.8.3-3' 'libfetch>=2.30-3'".
>
> Maybe start using sodeps to generate those dependencies? libfetch
> (doesn't have a soname with version btw) would depend on the new openssl
> libs and pacman should take care of the order.

This would really not help here.  Pacman does not directly link openssl,
but does through libarchive and libfetch.  Adding versioned libarchive
and libfetch to pacman's deps and using sodeps on openssl in those
packages would prevent pacman's SyncFirst from working.

This is a case of:
versioned deps in pacman for lib{archive,fetch} = bad as that pulls in
openssl and breaks your system until you do the next update

no versioned deps in pacman for lib{archive,fetch} = bad as between the
openssl and lib{archive,fetch} updates vercmp is broken and so is
install files.

> Have you already checked the patch Allan?

Yes... but my comments were never addressed:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010406.html
(points #1 and #2)
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010421.html
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010426.html