[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] WARNING: [testing] broken due to openssl and heimdal rebuilds

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Wed Apr 7 10:54:12 EDT 2010

On 07.04.2010 16:10, Allan McRae wrote:
> This would really not help here.  Pacman does not directly link openssl,
> but does through libarchive and libfetch.  Adding versioned libarchive
> and libfetch to pacman's deps and using sodeps on openssl in those
> packages would prevent pacman's SyncFirst from working.

Don't add depends=(libfetch.sp libarchive.so) to the pacman PKGBUILD and
it won't be a problem. (Also see #2 below)

> no versioned deps in pacman for lib{archive,fetch} = bad as between the
> openssl and lib{archive,fetch} updates vercmp is broken and so is
> install files.

sodeps would ensure that pacman updates libfetch and libarchive directly
after openssl.

>> Have you already checked the patch Allan?
>
> Yes... but my comments were never addressed:

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010446.html
Which patch version did you read back then? The one you replied to has
all but 1 of those changes. (See below)

> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010406.html
> (points #1 and #2)

1) I'm only waiting for someone to implement the change in pacman (I'm
not good at C), but the makepkg part is already done.

2) The latest patch does exactly that.

> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010421.html

I've removed that already.

> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010426.html

I actually don't worry about it anymore and the current code works so I
see no need to change it.

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net