[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] WARNING: [testing] broken due to openssl and heimdal rebuilds

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Apr 7 11:16:51 EDT 2010

On 08/04/10 00:54, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 07.04.2010 16:10, Allan McRae wrote:
>> This would really not help here.  Pacman does not directly link openssl,
>> but does through libarchive and libfetch.  Adding versioned libarchive
>> and libfetch to pacman's deps and using sodeps on openssl in those
>> packages would prevent pacman's SyncFirst from working.
>>

> Don't add depends=(libfetch.sp libarchive.so) to the pacman PKGBUILD and
> it won't be a problem. (Also see #2 below)

Adding those or not is the same as adding versioned deps or not.  Both
cause bad issues.

>> no versioned deps in pacman for lib{archive,fetch} = bad as between the
>> openssl and lib{archive,fetch} updates vercmp is broken and so is
>> install files.
>
> sodeps would ensure that pacman updates libfetch and libarchive directly
> after openssl.

Not directly after, but in the same transaction.   That is the same as
the current issue we have.  Using sodeps is no improvement over
versioned deps here.

>>> Have you already checked the patch Allan?
>>
>> Yes... but my comments were never addressed:
>
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-February/010446.html
> Which patch version did you read back then? The one you replied to has
> all but 1 of those changes. (See below)

Sorry, after looking at the patch in more detail, I see you have dealt
with these.  I will try and give these a full review as soon as I have
fixed a couple of bigger issues in makepkg-git.

Allan