[arch-general] nvidia with latest Xorg

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:17:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 09:55 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
>> On 04/07/2010 10:46 AM, Xavier Chantry wrote:
>>> Can you attach full Xorg log and config ?
>>
>> I'm not using any xorg config.  Log is at:
>>
>> http://www.darose.net/Xorg.0.log
>>
>>> And does it work with xf86-input-keyboard driver ?
>>
>> I have xf86-input-keyboard installed.  I assumed X was just
>> automatically choosing evdev (as I have no xorg config).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DR
>>

> On the same note, after the latest Xorg update, X (nVidia card) was failing to
> start on the same xorg.conf I had used with my arch box since I first installed
> arch. The xorg.conf was generated by the nvidia-xconfig app. The xorg.conf was:
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/X/xorg/xorg.conf.sav
>
> Something is not as it should be in the latest X release.
>
> (p.s. this is 'in addition to' and not 'in lieu of' the current topic)

This is a complete thread hijacking, has nothing to do with the
current topic, and adds NOTHING to it.

darose updated to the Xserver in EXTRA which is 1.7.5.902-1

nvidia works fine in extra, even in testing !
It only needs Option "IgnoreABI" "True" with xorg 1.8 which is a
separate experimental repository AND that was already documented in
its announcement :
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-April/016387.html