[arch-general] keyboard not working in Xorg after package updates

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Apr 12 22:12:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, April 9, 2010 10:18 am, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 09:54 AM, bardo wrote:
>> 2010/4/9 David Rosenstrauch<darose at darose.net>:
>>> * I'm getting a load of errors in the slim.log file that look like
>>> this:
>>> expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_1 line 8 of xfree86
>>>

>>> W  T  F  ? ! ?
>>
>> Not sure it's the same problem, but I experienced something similar a
>> while ago... and I couldn't properly use my desktop for months =P Did
>> you install NX or similar lately? Check this one out:
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15236
>>
>> HTH,
>> Corrado
>
> I've had NX installed for a long time.  I think it got upgraded with the
> big upgrade though.  I can try uninstalling it temporarily and see if
> that fixes things.
>
> Perhaps coincidentally (or not) NX also isn't working for me on that
> server right now.
>
> DR

Woo hoo!  I think I finally just fixed this irritating problem - with a
similar solution.

Eventual fix (I think) was uninstalling an old copy of neatx (Google's
clone of nx) that I had hanging around.  Neatx had placed a file in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d, which I'm guessing was what was messing things up.

What a relief!!!

Thanks for the help, all.

DR