[arch-general] Arch Linux Release Question

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Apr 7 14:50:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:45:41 -0500, "David C. Rankin"
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> 	I missed that completely in my train of thought. But without the change
in
> package compression it would still hold true. Prior to the xz
compression
> change, I had had no problems using the 2/09 install media even after
the
> 8/09
> install media was released. Thanks for keeping me honest ;-)

I remember several changes on our site that broke old install isos. I
recently tested some of them and afaik those before 2009.02 don't work
because that kernel is too old for our glibc or something similar. Or some
day we had changed the repo layout etc..

In general Arch is moving to fast to keep old isos and install working.