[arch-general] Arch Linux Release Question

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Apr 7 14:45:41 EDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 12:51 PM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:

> It's not entirely true. You always should install using the latest iso and
> it is also important to release new isos regularly. Due to our continuous
> updates and changes old isos and especially netinstall are broken. For
> example you cannot run a netinstall with an old iso (without updating it
> first) due to the switch to xz compressed packages.

Ahh.. busted.,

	I missed that completely in my train of thought. But without the change in
package compression it would still hold true. Prior to the xz compression
change, I had had no problems using the 2/09 install media even after the 8/09
install media was released. Thanks for keeping me honest ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC