[arch-general] libkrb5.so.25 error - was (Re: ImportError: libssl.so.0.9.8: -- do I just rebuild the AUR packages?)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:05:57 EDT 2010

On 04/15/2010 11:26 AM, dave reisner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:02 PM, David C. Rankin <
> drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> After the latest openssl updates, the AUR packages for createrepo and
>> repoview
>> are failing.

<snip>

> Same as any other so-name bump. It's AUR, so you'll need to rebuild the
> package yourself. If it fails because of an incompatibility with the new
> library, look for a patch or other fix. If no patch/fix can be found, bug
> report upstream.

Dave, DR,

	Thank you for your help. I solved the libssl issue by installing
libssl-compatibility from AUR. However -- that brought to light another problem
brought on by recent updates that moved libssl.so.25 to libssl.so.26. I've
checked AUR and there isn't a compatibility package. The error received from the
createrepo app was:

[12:57 nirvana:/usr/lib] # createrepo -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 26, in <module>
    import rpm
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rpm/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from _rpm import *
ImportError: libkrb5.so.25: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

	Crossing my fingers that the libraries would be backwards compatible for the
purposes of 'createrepo', I just did:

  ln -s libkrb5.so.26 libkrb5.so.25

which did work with createrepo, but this feels like a cluge. In this situation,
what is the proper solution? 'createrepo' is a python package (python is a snake
to me), so do we grep on libkrb5.so.25 and change to 26? Do we issue a report or
request for some type of compatibility package for libkrb5? Or did we just
develop a compatibility package with the symlink?

	All help always appreciated, thanks :-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC