[arch-general] HAL dependencies

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sun Apr 18 13:05:00 CEST 2010

Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> > Has anyone else stripped HAL completely out of their Arch install?
>
> Would be too nice, but it looks like KDE 4.5 won't be HAL-free yet and
> we'll have to wait for 4.6 - so I will keep HAL around for at least half
> a year.

The important question is: by what will hal replaced?

If it is replaced by similar software and if the design flaws in the linux
kernel that support problem with hal are not fixed, then I expect basically
the same problems as before (note that I am only speaking about CD/DVD/BD
recording related issues).

Jörg