[arch-general] Ssl no more :(

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 11:35:01 CEST 2010

I was wondering why I was not able to login to a remote arch server.
Openvpn is still working and luckily also webmin, so I logged in and I
saw this:

> /etc/rc.d/sshd restart
:: Stopping Secure Shell Daemon    [BUSY]    [FAIL]
:: Starting Secure Shell Daemon    [BUSY] /usr/sbin/sshd: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
   [FAIL]

 pacman -S --noconfirm openssh
pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot

Fantastic, so pacman is not working anymore!
I don't know how it could have happened, last thing I did was a "pacman
-Suy" which normally doesn't have such disastrous effects...
Any idea how to fix this?