[arch-general] Ssl no more :(

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Apr 20 11:44:29 CEST 2010

Am 20.04.2010 11:35, schrieb Andrea Crotti:
> I don't know how it could have happened, last thing I did was a "pacman
> -Suy" which normally doesn't have such disastrous effects...

If you had -Syu'd and your pacman database was clean, you would have
pulled updates to libfetch and openssh which would have prevented these
errors. For clarification, please post the pacman.log excerpt from the
last update.

> Any idea how to fix this?

Short-term: ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
(same for libcrypto), then -Syu, make sure libfetch and openssh are also
updated (Don't try to pull updates via https or any SSL-secured
connection, as this will most likely cause errors in openssl due to ABI
incompatibility). Then delete the lib{ssl,crypto}.so.0.9.8 symlinks again!

If pacman doesn't try to pull libfetch and openssh updates, then your
pacman database is most likely broken.