[arch-general] stability from pm-suspend ?

Aren Olson reacocard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 16:49:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 09:37, Ian-Xue Li <da.mi.spirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really like to hear some experiences whether that you have been using
> ACPI S3 kernel suspension for quite some time now, and feels it is
> really stable and safe to use, or that, you had ran into troubles using
> them.

I put my laptop in S3 sleep multiple times a day and pretty much only
reboot for kernel upgrades now. Been doing this for months with no
problems so far (I also use ext4). The file system corruption you seem
worried should only occur if you don't resume properly, so as long as
your resume is reliable I'd say it's perfectly safe to do this.

-Aren Olson

--
"Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."
- K. Jackson