[arch-general] Latest NVIDIA en kernel update

Robert Howard rjh0507 at ecu.edu
Fri Apr 23 09:19:55 CEST 2010

Works fine here. KDE4.4+Compiz with a pair of GTX 295's. Can't tell any
difference between new and old.

On Apr 23, 2010 2:32 AM, "Manne Merak" <mannemerak at gmail.com> wrote:

I see there are some discussions going on the nvidia, KDE and arch forums
about the performance of KDE 4.4 and latest nvidia driver, no results yet as
I can see.
My current setup with 190.53 works fast and snappy (no special xorg param);
but updating to anything later drops performance by a factor, so I resisted
upgrading nvidia.  Now with the latest kernel update I cannot keep the
190.53 driver.
Anyone have a solution for performance tweaking the latest KDE and nvidia
combo?  (I dont want to get too out of sync with the updates).

Manne