[arch-general] Latest NVIDIA en kernel update

Patrick Baumgart Baumi at gmx.com
Fri Apr 23 15:35:57 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, den 23.04.2010, 11:07 +0200 schrieb Manne Merak:
> On 04/23/2010 09:19 AM, Robert Howard wrote:
> > Works fine here. KDE4.4+Compiz with a pair of GTX 295's. Can't tell any
> > difference between new and old.
> >
> > On Apr 23, 2010 2:32 AM, "Manne Merak"<mannemerak at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> > I see there are some discussions going on the nvidia, KDE and arch forums
> > about the performance of KDE 4.4 and latest nvidia driver, no results yet as
> > I can see.
> > My current setup with 190.53 works fast and snappy (no special xorg param);
> > but updating to anything later drops performance by a factor, so I resisted
> > upgrading nvidia.  Now with the latest kernel update I cannot keep the
> > 190.53 driver.
> > Anyone have a solution for performance tweaking the latest KDE and nvidia
> > combo?  (I dont want to get too out of sync with the updates).
> >
> > Manne
> >

> Yes, it is a KDE rendering problem.  Compiz works fine, so could be a
> possibility if all else fails.
>
> Manne

I have updated to 195.36.15-2. And many things got quite worse.
I have no idea where to search for details or find out why it is going
sooo slow in some programs. But it happened.

I can't use an older driver because of kernel. And so I have to live
with worse performance until next driver update.

For Example: I play Tibia. normaly I got a Framerate of at least 50 fps
and much more. Now it stucks on 15fps. And so are some other programs.
But, like I allready told, I have no idea how to debug more about this
thing.

Another one: I also have in mind that glxgears, started without
parameters on default size, gets me around 45000 fps and now it has
abouot 15000 fps.

Baumi