[arch-general] /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/ is not a symbolic link

slubman lists at slubman.info
Sat Apr 24 07:34:27 CEST 2010

On Saturday 24 April 2010 07:10:46 Gary Wright wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:27 PM, slubman <lists at slubman.info> wrote:
> > Since the openssl update, whenever I install or update a package with
> > pacman, I've got this message as the last pacman output line when a
> > package is installed (a new package or an update)
> >
> > /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/ is not a symbolic link
> >
> > But everything runs fine AFAIK.
> >
> > I'm using x86_64.
> >
> > Does someone know where is it coming from ? And How can I get rid off
> > this message ?
>
> See lines 556-571 of lib/libalpm/util.c.  Thats where it comes from (I
> think.  I profess not to be able to read/understand source code.  I
> can run a pretty mean grep -nR "sbin/ldconfig" * on the pacman source
> tree though.
>
> Tell us, what files do you have under /etc/ld.so.conf.d/* and what are
> their contents?
>
> Also, do you run a multi-lib system (mixed i686 and x86_64 libs?)

I doesn't run a multi-lib system. AFAIK i only have 64bits packages :

$ pacman -Qi | grep 'Architecture   :' | grep i686 | wc -l
0

And here are the files in /etc/ld.co.conf.d/

$ ls /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
fakeroot.conf  qt3.conf  xulrunner.conf

I can't find ant reference to /usr/lib in those files.

--
slubman
site : http://www.slubman.info/