[arch-general] 4k sector drives

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 10:35:01 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> You should google more to see if 4k sectors are really well-supported now.

I've actually done quite a bit of research. But most if it came back
upstream. So I thought I'd better ask in an arch specific context.
According to one of the latest upcoming kernel developments there will
be more 4k improvements in 2.6.34 what I was unable to determine is if
that was something that would require me to do something after the
kernel is released. In fact some of this stuff I was confused as to
whether... do I have to run fdisk in a certain way? is cfdisk
supported? how can I check to make sure it is working? and the obvious
even if the kernel and tools are now ready will an arch disk be ready
(obviously I already asked and has been answered)...

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com