[arch-general] Better NILFS2 Support

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sun Aug 1 10:46:33 EDT 2010

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:47:24 -0700
> Alex Matviychuk <alexmat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In an effort to get better support for NILFS2 in arch I've added a
> > request to move nilfs-utils to the base group

I don't think that nilfs-utils should be moved to the base group. I
agree with moving it to [core] but not to base, because base is assumed
to be installed on every computer and packages in the base group are
usually not listed in the depends array of a PKGBUILD.

On the contrary I think there could be some other file system tools
like jfsutils, lvm2 and xfsprogs be removed from the base group (not
from [core]).

They probably should be automatically installed if a partition is
formatted with one of these filesystems by AIF. But usually people who
are using these filesystems know what they are doing and know that they
have to select these packages for installation.

Heiko