[arch-general] Shouldn't pacman restart dovecot after update?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:00:37 EDT 2010

Guys,

	Sending mail from my local server resulted in errors "could not copy sent mail
to 'sent' on servername? Checking the mail logs, I found this:

<snip>
Aug  2 17:15:03 nirvana dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Dovecot version mismatch:
Master is v1.2.12, login is v1.2.13 (if you don't care, set version_ignore=yes)
Aug  2 17:15:03 nirvana dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Dovecot version mismatch:
Master is v1.2.12, login is v1.2.13 (if you don't care, set version_ignore=yes)
<snip>

	So I restarted dovecot -- problem solved. That brought up the question, why
didn't pacman restart dovecot with some post-install something?? So should it
have? If it didn't, does this need to be reported?

	Let me know. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC