[arch-general] kernel26 2.6.34.2-1 ALSO hardlocks my box on boot??

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Aug 4 00:49:58 EDT 2010

Am Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:09:52 -0500
schrieb "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:

> Guys,
>
> 	I still have this problem where the changes to the kernel for
> kernel26 2.6.34 cause my box to hardlock on boot! It happens every
> time after the kernel has booted once after the initial build of the
> initramfs with mkinitcpio. It is frustrating has hell. I opened bug
> 20200 which was closed yesterday for some reason and this bug is NOT
> fixed.

Bug reopened. You didn't gave an answer for some days. Please make
sure to divide it into either KMS/module loading is broken or your
Compiz is fucked up.

As written in the bugreport I had to manually put all needed
graphics related modules into the rc.conf file. Now it boots almost
every time for me. You can boot with "debug" command in the kernel
append line to get more feedback when modules get loaded.

-Andy