[arch-general] script to reformat 'pacman -Ss' output into 2 readable columns (prevents blindness)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Aug 6 00:48:22 EDT 2010

On 08/05/2010 11:19 PM, Loui Chang wrote:
>> 	or with the '-d' option for semi-doublespace:
> This should definitely be the default. Otherwise I may go walleyed.

You are correct sir! I guess the only reason it wasn't the default is that I did
the script on my laptop so vertical space was at a premium :p

I have to rework the options anyway to add an option to disable the zenity list
so I'll redo the line spacing default as well.

Right now I have the script testing for zenity with which and then displaying
the zenity --list by default if zenity is installed. What's your vote? Should
zenity be off by default and then enabled with an option?. It is light enough to
work well even over ssh connections, so my thought was to just leave it enabled
by default and add a flag to disable it if it wasn't wanted......

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC