[arch-general] AUR build of kdemod3-kipi-plugins fails on QString::QString( data->appName() ); ?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Aug 7 22:35:38 EDT 2010

Guys,

	Just messing around tweaking out kdemod3 with all the updates I can find, I was
working to build kdemod3-kipi-plugins.

This package build now failes with the error:

cdarchiving.cpp: In constructor
`KIPICDArchivingPlugin::CDArchiving::CDArchiving(KIPI::Interface*, QObject*,
KAction*)':
cdarchiving.cpp:77:52: error: cannot call constructor `QString::QString' directly
cdarchiving.cpp:77:52: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant
`::QString'
make[4]: *** [cdarchiving.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory

The line in cdarchiving.cpp is:

      m_hostName = QString::QString( data->appName() );

Googling, there are other packages that have the m_hostName assignment in the
same manner so I don't know what the issue is. Is there some build environment
misconfig such that the build is calling the incorrect Qt for kde4? How would I
check?

	90+ percent of all the kdemod3 updates build just fine, so I don't think it is
a generic problem. Any thoughts on what to check?

	I have also posted this message at AUR with the package as well. I've done what
it said and removed the the redundant `::QString' and it seems to be building
for now. I'm unsure how bad this change might hose me. (what - worst case a bad
hostname in the cdarchiving module?) How bad could removing the (whatever you
call it? class reference?) be?

	Thanks for any help or thoughts you might have.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC