[arch-general] my intro

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Aug 7 23:05:04 EDT 2010

On 08/07/2010 09:20 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> Nice to see Arch being used by blind users. Good job, Chris.

Wow!

	I commend you Jude for your shear moxie in getting a Linux distro up and
running which is no small task for people with 20/20 vision. And the setup from
Chris, I'll have to check that out. Just thinking out what that would entail,
from the initial boot, the install and finally to a running OS without the sight
sense, that is nothing short of incredible. How do you do it?

	Seriously, what tools are available that, I guess in some sense, must speak the
prompts so you know what's going on? Just curious more than anything else.

	The only thing I can think of is some type of modification to the prompt that
would process the prompt though an OCR utility and then to a text-to-speech app,
but what about before that setup is installed? That's pretty amazing and sounds
like some cool technology.

	Best of luck and if you need any help, just ask -- or type. (although by the
sound of it, I may be the one asking you for help).

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC