[arch-general] my intro

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Aug 8 19:25:09 EDT 2010

There were two accessibility developments that made this possible.  First
the speakup project http://www.linuxspeakup.org/ was the first.  Then
there was the espeakup project.  The Linux Speakup project made Linux talk
over a set ofhardware speech synthesizers.  Then the espeakup project
added onto the Linux speakup project by using a system's sound card and
speakers rather than a hardware speech synthesizer.  After that, Chris
Brannon put it altogether in the form of a talking arch linux installation
disk.  That was announced on the speakup mailing list and I'm interested
in installing what accessible Linux flavors that are available so I know
how to do that in the future.  Another thing is with each Linux
installation I learn things about security and other considerations and
those get applied to future installations.  I also get to learn lots about
my hardware, not all of it good but not all of it bad either.On Sat, 7 Aug