[arch-general] Some problems with a dell mini

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:51:02 EDT 2010

didier gaumet <didier.gaumet at gmail.com> writes:

> Le Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:31:16 +0200,
> Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com> wrote about problems with his
> wireless card often deconnecting.
>
> hi,
> I have had a similar problem (non-US citizen) and after having setup
> crda, it works now like a charm (of course depending on signal quality).
>
> Quote from http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_Setup:
>
> If you want to enable more channels on Intel Wifi 5100 (and quite
> possible other cards too) you can do that with the crda package. After
> install, edit /etc/conf.d/wireless-regdom and uncomment the line where
> your country code is found. Add wireless-regdom to your DAEMONS in
> rc.conf and restart (which is the easiest thing to do). You should now,
> when writing sudo iwlist wlan0 channel, have access to more channels
> (depending on your location).

Great thanks a lot, I didn't restart the system but starting the service
I get a "nl80211 not found" error.

Did you also get the password error or just losing the connection?

By the way I would really like to understand why eth0 and eth1 are often
switched.

One boot I even saw finally wlan0 as wireless interface device name, is
there a way to fix them forever?