[arch-general] Some problems with a dell mini

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:32:48 EDT 2010

On 13 August 2010 00:16, JM <fijam at archlinux.us> wrote:
> IIRC nm-applet pulls in half of Gnome and networkmanager does not have
> a desktop-agnostic graphical frontend. Alternatively you could try
> wifi-radar. Also, if you believe your hardware is poorly supported do
> bug the upstream about it.

$ pactree network-manager-applet | grep gnome
   |--libgnome-keyring
      |--gnome-keyring
   |--polkit-gnome

That's "half" of Gnome?

I can plug in my Motorola ROKR E8, Huawei E220, some random CDMA or
UMTS device in some random country, connect to a WPA2-secured hotspot,
and even dial up ADSL. Compared to that, the above dependencies are
nothing. Moreover, it fits in nicely with everything else, KDE or
Openbox.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev#Mixed_Up_Devices.2C_Sound.2FNetwork_Cards_Changing_Order_Each_Boot

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD