[arch-general] Configure / Set a Hostname

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:52:42 EDT 2010

I have read on Google searches and on all over so many different ways
to properly set a FQDN on Arch Linux and am more confused than I was
before I started looking this up. I don't ever get prompted during the
Arch installer to enter a 'hostname' but rather do so in /etc/rc.conf
which appears to make no difference because it's superseded by
/etc/hosts. Can someone tell me if I want my Arch machine called
"bishop.mydomain.tld", how does one properly and officially achieve
this task in Arch?

Thanks!