[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] kde 4.5.0

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:07:09 EDT 2010

On 27 August 2010 06:15, Stefano Avallone <stavallo at unina.it> wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 August 2010 19:05:46 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>> On Wednesday 18 August 2010 11:06:43 Ronald van Haren wrote:
>> > so far I've seen people reporting the following chipsets to be
>> > affected, but there may be others
>> > intel 910
>> > intel 945
>> > intel 965
>> > ati 3450
>>
>> After the update to Xorg 1.9 I had to disable compositing (editing
>> ~/.kde4/share/config/kwinrc). I own an intel gm45 chipset.
>
> I tried to update to xorg, mesa and intel video driver from [unstable], too,
> and found kde unusable with compositing enabled (huge flickering). So, I
> reverted all the stack back to [extra]. I own an intel gm45 chipset, too.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kde#KDE_4.5_specific_graphics.27_issues

I believe this is an inevitable regression and side-effect of
"bringing back" the Blur effect, which is enabled by default (don't
try to disable it - your KWin will still freeze without indirect
rendering).

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD