[arch-general] sound intel hda problem

Andrej Gelenberg andrej.gelenberg at udo.edu
Mon Aug 30 06:32:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

bevor we explode mailinglist with debuging staff, i recommend to open
task on bugtracker: http://bugs.archlinux.org/

On 08/30/2010 01:20 AM, kuba guzik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Yesterday I've istalled arch linux on my hp laptop. Earlier I've used
> debian with the same kernel and alsa ver . I copied my sound configs
> from debian to /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf but they didn't work. I have
> also used alsaconf..

First of all debian people patch kernel a lot, so you have different
kernels under debian and arch. Try to search in debian bug reports for
problems with your sound card.

> configs:
> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
> options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1 model=hp-m4 OR hp-dv5
>
> I have already tried different sound.conf configurations but they
> didn't work... I have also followed every step on alsa-arch wiki site.
> There are no errors at all, everything looks fine in alsamixer in
> sound.conf and rc.conf.
> Any suggestions?

Please be more specific. Is your sound card shown in alsamixer?
What for hardware do you have, lspci, dmidecode, dmesg,
cat /proc/asound/cards and so on. Add this stuff to the bug report on
tracker.

Regards,
Andrej