[arch-general] alsa, hdmi, and the invisible magic output

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Dec 3 04:31:06 EST 2010

Excerpts from Samuel Martín Moro's message of 2010-12-03 01:45:14 +0100:
> I added this .asoundrc:
>
> pcm.!default {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
>
> ctl.!default {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
>
> It fixed at least a problem: I've no more warning about snd_pcm_dmix_open.
> But, still no sound while banshee's operating...

I don't know the .asoundrc syntax but as far as I can tell you should
tell your programs to use a dmix device instead of hw:something. dmix
means software mixing while hw:something means the program uses the
device exclusively.

If that doesn't work you could try PA.

Good luck.