[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] nilfs-utils moving in core

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Wed Dec 8 01:46:11 EST 2010

At Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2010 05:45 Loui Chang wrote:

> Ask Microsoft to support every filesystem in existence on their standard
> install CD and core system and maybe us poor Archers with our limited
> time and budget can also rise to your stratospheric expectations.

Bad example because MS offers only two filesystem and a better example of a bad
installer from a big company is the one from redhat (+ the forks of it) because
with this you can't format all filesystems (and more worse it is that the
default kernel don't support this filesystems too).

The archlinux installer do in this case a very good job from my memory. At the
time of installing archlinux i have had the choice of all what i want and to
have the *utils from the filesystem on the cd too would be very nice.

And just my 2c about the example of btrfs: Without a fsck i would never take a
look at it instead of the very good reports about it be very attractice.

See you, Attila