[arch-general] Python 3 Rationale?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 05:19:49 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 01:48 -0700, Jeff Cook wrote:

> >> Who cares! it takes too long to scroll down through the past fifteen
> >> generations to get to the relevant part of the message.
> >
> > Well, it takes me one keystroke. Get a better mail client.
>
> Whenever I try bottom-posting, my clients complain that I just sent
> them a blank email. As such, I am in the habit of top-posting because
> it is what most normal people expect; I suppose Outlook has
> established this trend. I try to remember to bottom-post when I write
> mailing lists (not too often), but it doesn't always work out. :(
>
> I don't really have a preference for where the post goes. I don't find
> either annoying. I understand the point in standards but I don't think
> we should be rude to those who forget/neglect/feel differently.

Of course we shouldn't be rude. Reminders would be helpful though (for
those who forget/neglect). For that third group, they can jolly well go
have conversations with other people instead =).

When I reply an individual mail to my mom, I top-post. When I reply to a
ML that goes to a couple of hundred people at least I bottom-post. Its
common sense to follow the culture/habits of the group you're operating
with, tourists do that all the time.