[arch-general] Python 3 Rationale?

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Dec 8 04:44:50 EST 2010

Hey Jeff,

Interesting points.

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 08:48:07 Jeff Cook wrote:
> Whenever I try bottom-posting, my clients complain that I just sent
> them a blank email.

I think the trick is not to top or bottom post, but to interleave your reply,
keeping the relevant parts of the original mail. It flows more like a
conversation that way, and helps to build up arguments and counter arguments
etc.

> As such, I am in the habit of top-posting because
> it is what most normal people expect; I suppose Outlook has
> established this trend. I try to remember to bottom-post when I write
> mailing lists (not too often), but it doesn't always work out. :(

A little message at the top of the email, like in this one, I find helps.
Also, it's rarely useful in an interleaved reply email to begin with vast
amounts of quoted text (though there are obviously exceptions).

> I don't really have a preference for where the post goes. I don't find
> either annoying. I understand the point in standards but I don't think
> we should be rude to those who forget/neglect/feel differently.

Ba-daa!

Pete :-)