[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] nilfs-utils moving in core

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Dec 8 15:14:22 EST 2010

Am Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:56:24 -0500
schrieb Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com>:

> I highly doubt that this was _ever_ a question of size in the repos.
> More likely, It's a matter of time vs. gain for a small number of
> volunteers. If you're a user who knows that they want a particular
> exotic filesystem that isn't widely used, you the user, on this very
> day, have the following exciting options including but not limited to:

That may be true for packages in [extra], but not for [core]. [core] is
meant for providing and being able to install a minimal base system. And
a filesystem, regardless of which, is one of the most basic and
necessary packages.

And AIF is the official installer. It's meant for installing this base
system.

So, no, in this case you're wrong. As I said before, then you could
just provide ext4, because you resp. the devs think that's the one and
only filesystem, and everyone who needs a different filesystem for
whatever reason, has to make an LFS out of Arch Linux. Well, I know
it's a bit exaggerated.

Heiko