[arch-general] Fluxbox broken when launched via qingy

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Dec 9 01:48:15 EST 2010

On 12/08/2010 09:58 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:

> Anyone else seeing this and/or have ideas on how to fix?

Sorry DR, I still use kdm to launch flux. Hey, while we are on flux, shoot me a
copy of your startup file so I can see how you are doing things on Arch. I have
just bandaided my old one and am interested in a comparison. Here is my current:

#!/bin/sh
#
# fluxbox startup-script:
#
# Lines starting with a '#' are ignored.

# Change your keymap:
xmodmap "/home/david/.Xmodmap"

# Applications you want to run with fluxbox.
# MAKE SURE THAT APPS THAT KEEP RUNNING HAVE AN ''&'' AT THE END.
#
# unclutter -idle 2 &
# wmnd &
# wmsmixer -w &
# idesk &

## dcr Configuration

## Make GTK apps look and behave how they were set up in the gnome config tools
## first lets try gconfd-2.0, then if it doesn't work, enable gsd

if test -x /usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon >/dev/null; then
  /usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon &
fi

## start the parcellite clipboard manager
if which parcellite >/dev/null; then
    $(which parcellite) &
fi

## Give yourself a volume control app, kmix works about as good as anything else

if which /opt/kde/bin/kmix >/dev/null; then
   [[ $volset -eq 0 ]] && $(which /opt/kde/bin/kmix) &
fi

## If present, start the greatest application & second brain ever coded
if which basket >/dev/null; then
    $(which basket) -h &
fi

##** xscreensaver commented due to gnome screensaver executed by
gnome-settings-daemon
#

## Synaptic touchpad 1.5 second delay after typing
if which tpad >/dev/null; then
    $(which tpad)
fi

## kde3 knemo
if which kcmshell >/dev/null; then
    $(which kcmshell) /opt/kde/share/applications/kde/kcm_knemo
fi

# test setting wp before starting flux
fbsetbg ~/img/abstract/scene/dark_glass_1440.jpg &

# And last but not least we start fluxbox.
# Because it is the last app you have to run it with ''exec'' before it.

exec fluxbox

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC