[arch-general] We want to help

Tomás Acauan Schertel tschertel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 07:21:42 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 05:57, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2010 22:45:21 Loui Chang wrote:
>> Finally, I'd like to honestly say I don't see AUR2 as really being a
>> worthwhile investment for the next generation of the AUR. It's just
>> another web app like the current AUR, it might have a couple extra
>> frills, but I don't think it makes sense to rewrite the whole thing just
>> for that sake. They can probably added easily enough to the current
>> code.
> I agree.
> Instead of write code for AUR2, you guys should help fixing current AUR bugs or
> implement new AUR features. Just my two cents.

Guys, we're here to help where project needs.
If you say the best effort is expand the current AUR, we gonna help on this.
If you say that we need to close bug reports in flyspray, we gonna help on this.
I agree that rewrite AUR just to have it running on Django but with no
new BIG features is like working in vain.

I'll start looking for PHP developers (to implement features on
current AUR) and looking people to help on closing bur reports on
flyspray.
It that OK for you guys?

--
Tomás A. Schertel