[arch-general] sysinit fsck problem

Tom uebershark at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 2 03:37:15 EST 2010

Maybe you remember I was going on about faulty initscripts a while
back, specifically that I was being forced through a 'forced fsck' even
though I pressed control-c.

> Maybe fsck doesn't return 32 as it's supposed to. You can verify this
> by adding `echo fsck returned ${fsckret}' inside that code block in
> /etc/rc.sysinit. Next time you'll encounter this behavior, you'll
> know the code returned by fsck. From there, you might be able to
> troubleshoot this issue further.

Well I tested this, and its actually returning 8, which quoting the
man-page means "8    - Operational error"

So maybe somebody else can try this, and confirm fsck is not behaving as
it should!?

Regards

Tom