[arch-general] Recent update to php-apache breaks LAMP stack.

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:44:27 EST 2010

Hi,

I'd recently updated php, mysql, and php-apache packages to following versions:

php 5.3.1-4
mysql 5.1.43-1
php-apache 5.3.1-4

After update my existing webapps started showing error: Unable to connect to
database, with nothing changed on the webapps side. After assuming that recent
update cause them to break, I downgraded all related packages, and then
upgraded them one-by-one. Following is the final combination which worked for
me:

php 5.3.1-4
mysql 5.1.43-1
php-apache 5.3.1-3

If anyone also exhibits this behaviour, then I can report this as bug.

Thanks
Ashish SHUKLA
--
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.