[arch-general] A suggestion for the devs regarding rebuilds

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Feb 8 16:36:16 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 04:19:04PM -0500, Ray Kohler wrote:

> It is *required* to do only complete system updates when using Arch.
> Partial updates are not supported, *by design*.

If that is true, which I refuse to believe, it means
that Arch is a toy system only suitable for kids who
take a kick of out if keeping it up to date, in the
same way as some others keep their postage stamp
collection up to date but never use one of those
stamps to actually send a letter.

In any *even marginally* professional setting, system
maintenance is something that is managed and planned
for, and it should not be a side effect of installing
some trivial new package.

Ciao,

--
FA