[arch-general] A suggestion for the devs regarding rebuilds

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Feb 8 19:07:18 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 09:49:50AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:

> We only support the latest packages in the repos, so if you have
> issues with old versions of packages or packages from unsupported
> sources, then it is up to _you_ to fix them.

I don't have issues with them, except that they get
deleted when they shouldn't be.

What happens now is that if I have a package
that depends on a library that has been updated
in the repos, you take the liberty to disable
that package when by chance I installl something
completely unrelated that just happens to use
the same library in a new version.

I don't ask you to 'support' my old package. Just
to leave it alone. And that is *not* in conflict
with your desire to use the a new library in the
all repo packages. It is completely unrelated to
maintaining a repo.

Ciao,

--
FA