[arch-general] A suggestion for the devs regarding rebuilds

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Mon Feb 8 21:19:09 EST 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:08:10 -0500, Jeff Horelick <jdhore1 at gmail.com> wrote:

if someone actually posts patches or other constructive stuff, please CC
me. We're rewriting pacman anyway and looking for a solution to handle
this mess in particular.

Right now the only idea i got is versioned deps which is sort of flawed
since that would assert a certain awareness upstream. And if we had
that, we didnt have the problem in the first place...

maybe there is a smarter way to force update of packages that would break
when their dependencies are updated.

--
Arvid