[arch-general] EEE 1000H - control of Wifi device

kludge drkludge at rat-patrol.org
Wed Feb 17 19:37:23 EST 2010

On 02/17/2010 06:03 PM, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
>> is it safe to presume you installed acpi-eeepc-generic?  because it has
>> a configuration file that let's you customize every key combination.
>
> If that is a package name, no. Everything seems to work
> without it, including e.g. the display brightness keys.
> This is a 1000H which apparently needs less specific
> support.
>
>>> - a way to re-enable the wireless device from a script.
> All they do is to click some desktop icons, one of them
> to select the wireless network. It calls a script using
> netcfg. What I'd want to do is to make that script enable
> the wireless device as well, if it was disabled. Or make
> sure it never get disabled.

ah.  apologies for my snappish attitude.

do try acpi-eeepc-generic.  the following is from my
/etc/conf.d/acpi-eeepc-generic (on a 1000HE):

# On some models, calling the script can prevent the card from being
re-enabled. If
# you have that problem, just don't call the script and let the BIOS
dis/enable the card.
# See http://code.google.com/p/acpi-eeepc-generic/wiki/Wireless
COMMANDS_WIFI_TOGGLE=("/etc/acpi/eeepc/acpi-eeepc-generic-toggle-wifi.sh")
COMMANDS_WIFI_UP=()
COMMANDS_WIFI_DOWN=()
COMMANDS_WIFI_PRE_UP=()
COMMANDS_WIFI_POST_UP=("/etc/rc.d/wicd start" "@wicd-client")
COMMANDS_WIFI_PRE_DOWN=("pkill wicd-client" "/etc/rc.d/wicd stop" "pkill
wpa_supplicant" "pkill dhcpcd")
COMMANDS_WIFI_POST_DOWN=()