[arch-general] pacman.conf: can I use wildcards?

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Thu Feb 18 01:43:29 EST 2010

At Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 02:13 Dan McGee wrote:

> No, we don't support globbing in these options. Question to the list-
> does it make sense to do so?

Instead this makes something easier i must say that this could be dangerous too
because it could end in some strange questions in the support area.

Perhaps it could helps if you makes it possible to use a include file for this
because than appending a file in this file is easier as to edit pacman.conf.
This "harder way" for NoUpgrade has the advantage that you even know which file
is the reason why you edit it because sometimes i don't know weeks or months
later what i have done ... but this be more my self-critical 2c.-)

See you, Attila