[arch-general] pacman.conf: can I use wildcards?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Feb 18 18:36:23 EST 2010

Am Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:20:11 +0100
schrieb Pierre Chapuis <catwell at archlinux.us>:

> Recursion is a good idea but that's not what is usually expected from
> *. I would suggest to use ** like in ZSH if it is implemented. Real
> regular expressions support would solve all those problems but that's
> probably overkill.

It's just struck me that real regular expressions are no good idea for
NoUpgrade, not only because that would be overkill but also because of
the different meaning of the ".". In regexp it means a wildcard for one
character, in the shell and file systems it's occasionally used in file
names.

Greetings,
Heiko