[arch-general] EEE 1000H - control of Wifi device

Nicolas Bigaouette nbigaouette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 22:46:36 EST 2010

Mu investigations where that the BIOS controlled Fn+F2, but it could be the
kernel module which I did not suspect at the time and so have not tested.
On my EeePC 1000, bios previous to revision 1003 did not controlled Fn+F2;
acpi-eeepc-generic needed to be used to enable/disable wifi. On newer bios
though, the bios seems to control directly the Fn+F2.

See my entry about it on acpi-eeepc-generic's wiki:
http://code.google.com/p/acpi-eeepc-generic/wiki/Wireless