[arch-general] Some flowers & request for advice

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Feb 22 18:04:45 EST 2010

Hello all,

Over the past 3 months I've installed Arch on five
different machines: an IBM R51, a Fujitsu-Siemens
W360, my home machine which has no pedigree, an
EEE-1000H and an today an EEE-904HA.

Apart from one major panic related to the libpng14
update there have not been any significant problems,
and the ones that emerged have been solved by prompt
feedback on this list or by the information provided
on the Wiki.

Five more W360 are to follow soon.

All this merits a big thanks to the developers and
maintainers of Arch, and to all those  who have kindly
provided help. I don't think I could have had the same
results (in all cases a setup *very* close to what was
required) as easily from any other distro.

One of my next projects will require touchscreens for
a 'kiosk' type of application, and I'm still trying
to find the right hardware. Any suggestions will be
much appreciated (if they work with Arch of course).

Ciao,

--
FA

O tu, che porte, correndo si ?