[arch-general] ld-2.11.1.so and segfaults

Gary Wright wriggary at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 15:34:26 EST 2010

On 02/26/2010 12:43 PM, christopher floess wrote:

> Maybe it's just my untrained eye, but things don't seem to be out of the
> ordinary here. /lib didn't show anything 32-bit.
>
> At this point, if I could be fairly certain that a reinstall would work,
> I'd try that. I'm just afraid that it won't produce anything. It
> couldn't possibly have to do with the fact that my boot loader is the
> grub from the 32-bit install, could it?
>
> -- Chris

It shouldn't.  At one point I had a 32 bit Ubuntu, 64bit Arch, and WinXP
32, all booting from the same bootloader (Ubuntu's grub) and they all
worked fine.

Whenever I bork something beyond repair, I just chalk it up to the price
of cutting edge software.  That, and I can be back up in an identical
system after a reinstall in two or three hours, thanks to a seperate
/home and keeping a list of installed packages.  Truth be told, I think
the longest I've ever kept an arch install was about 6 months before I
found a way to break it.

Gary