[arch-general] ld-2.11.1.so and segfaults

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 14:16:53 EST 2010

> It shouldn't.  At one point I had a 32 bit Ubuntu, 64bit Arch, and
> WinXP 32, all booting from the same bootloader (Ubuntu's grub) and
> they all worked fine.
>
> Whenever I bork something beyond repair, I just chalk it up to the
> price of cutting edge software.  That, and I can be back up in an
> identical system after a reinstall in two or three hours, thanks to a
> seperate /home and keeping a list of installed packages.  Truth be
> told, I think the longest I've ever kept an arch install was about 6
> months before I found a way to break it.
Okay, so I've reinstalled, and everything seems to be in order. That was
some pretty strange stuff though. I kind of wish that we could have put
our fingers on exactly what it was.

Right now I'm just getting the little things squared away. If all goes
well, at the end of this weekend I'll have migrated completely.

The only concern at the moment is that I seem to notice that the system
is a bit sluggish from time to time. ATM I seem to think that it happens
when there is a lot of disk IO. I'm copying my old pretty large chunks
of data from the old partition to the new one, but still I don't
remember that sort of thing slowing down my 32-bit install this much.

I'll keep watch.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.

-- Chris